Sunday 21 March 2010

Pineapple Walnut Date Bars



The Blueberry Walnut Date Bars on Addicted to Veggies looked so good, I had to give it a go myself. I made half a batch and didn't have everything on hand, so I had to make a few adjustments:

Pineapple Walnut Date Bars
0.5 cups dates (pitted and soaked in warm water for 5 minutes)
0.5 cups dried pineapple
0.5 cups walnuts (soaked)
0.5 cups almonds (soaked)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt

Blend, blend, blend! (All I have is a mini-processor, so I had to do it all in two batches and it took quite a while to get everything to an okay consistency. Blerg. The nuts were still rather chunky; I would suggest going for a smoother consistency ala AtV's bars).


Right now I'm enjoying a couple with a banana chocolate smoothie ^_^

1 comment:

  1. oh dear! they look SO good! i never thought of using dried pineapple - genius!!

    ReplyDelete