Saturday 13 March 2010

Transition Foods

Halfway through my walk home from watching rugby with the gang at my bf's place (Wales lost, boo!), I started to feel really light headed and weak. Generally when this has happened before (usually when I hadn't eaten for a while and was starving), I would just eat a spoonful of peanut butter and I would feel better. Tonight I was also craving cooked foods a bit, like crisps or chips (chips and french fries for the non-Brits ;).

So when I got home I made myself a salad with lentils. A healthy transitional meal, yes? I have to say, I'm not feeling so hot right now. Not in that light-headed way, but in that too full, lethargic way. The last few nights I've been alternating between an all-raw meal (usually a large salad) and a raw one with cooked veggies meal (salad plus a sweet potato or maybe some peas, etc).

I think that tonight I've learned to lay off the lentils for a bit, and if I want something cooked, to give some root vegetables a go (I do love my sweet potatoes). Maybe I'm ready to go more raw than I thought. I think I will at least be listening more to what my body tells me.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics from some of my dinners the last few nights (I just love the colours!)


Romaine, beets, red peppers, organic mixed sprouts, nutritional yeast, lemon juice + balsamic vinegar


Sprouts from my first batch!

Romaine, carrots, beets, red pepper, organic alfalfa sprouts, sunflower seeds, nut. yeast, lemon juice + bal. vinegar

PS It seems my allergies have started to kick in. They haven't been a problem for a while, but I think moving to a new place may have triggered them again. I don't particularly want to take allergy pills - anyone have a more natural method for a runny nose, sneezing, and itchy eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment