Tuesday 30 March 2010

Local Fruit & Veg

I have found my new place to buy fruit and veg in Bristol: Alex's Fruits. I picked up a huge bag of stuff - kale, green onions, zucchini, cucumber, mushrooms, red pepper, avocados, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes, STRAWBERRIES - for only £5 (at Sainsbury's this would have been around £15!) , so I saved myself a ton of money AND it's better quality. Plus, I'm supporting small business, which is always a good thing.

Yesterday a few of us headed up to Stratford-upon-Avon for the day to check out the Bard's old haunts.


I knew we would probably stop for lunch, so I brought along a giant green smoothie with bananas, green cabbage, apple, cinnamon, and vanilla (I was quite happy with the cabbage as it blended really well). One of my travel buddies gave it a go and like it! (they've been hesitant to believe that any drink that's that green can taste good).

1 comment: